Work-related mental stress workers’ compensation claims are the most expensive form of workers’ compensation claim because they usually involve lengthy periods of absence (Guthrie et al. 2010; and Safe Work Australia 2012b).
According to Safe Work Australia’s 2013 Report on Mental Stress in the Workplace, mental stress is becoming the fastest growing and most expensive issue impacting the Australian workplace.
The research discovered that more Professionals made Workers Compensation claims for mental stress than other any other occupation with over a third of their claims made for work pressure.
Another Medibank Private commissioned study (2008) reported that in 2007 the total cost of work related mental stress to the Australian economy was $14.81 billion; the direct cost to employers alone in stress-related presenteeism and absenteeism was $10.11 billion.
Talk2Me: debrief your day.
Talk2Me: debrief your day is a 6 session Phone Debriefing Program that will help your staff make that difficult transition from work to home so that they don’t take their work stress home.
Your staff will learn how to:
- Leave work problems at work
- Leave home problems at home
- Learn from the situations they have faced
- Learn how to mentally switch gears
- Be more effective at work AND more effective at home
SO much better than reading the principles in a book or hearing it in a seminar.
Books and seminars are great for learning, but we all know that true learning happens once we put something into practice. Our fully Accredited Talk2Me Mentors will work WITH your staff members on the phone to actually put the 3 step Debriefing Process into action.
How it works:
- Your staff member will be booked in for a phone session, twice a week for 3 weeks.
- The session will occur between the time they leave work and the time they arrive home. Our Talk2Me Mentor will call your staff member.
- The sessions are short – 20-30minutes is all it takes.
- The Talk2Me Mentor will guide them through the 3 simple steps using the staff-members current challenges to help put the debriefing model into practice.
At the end of the 6 sessions your staff will have mastered how to effectively debrief their day and make the transition between work and home, and vice versa.
The goal is to reduce the cost to you of Workers Compensation Mental Stress claims and help you employees to maintain their mental health.
If you would like to arrange a Corporate Account with Talk2Me: debrief your day please contact us through the ‘contact us’ tab on the menu bar.